Oxford Seminars: Terms and Conditions
Please read and review the following terms and conditions as they apply to Oxford Seminars' TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certification Course.
- Oxford Seminars' TESOL/TESL/TEFL Teacher Training Certification Course costs $1195 and includes all course materials, ESL teaching resources, full access to the English Language Schools Directory, and Graduate Placement Service. To reserve a spot in an upcoming course, a $95 deposit is required. Apart from the $1195 course fee, there are no additional mandatory or optional student charges.
- The course is taught at a first-year college level and you must be at least 18 years of age to attend.
- Successful completion of each course is based on classroom attendance, understanding the course material, classroom participation, course assignments, the in-class practicum, and completion of the online component. Due to the amount of information covered each day of the course and its short duration, attending all classes is extremely important and no leave-of-absence is possible.
- Once you have completed both the 60-hour in-class component and the 40-hour online component of the course, you will receive your certification. All students have up to 105 days from the last in-class day of the course to complete their online component.
- Tuition can be refunded if notice of cancellation is made at least two weeks in advance. Tuition, minus the $95 deposit, will be refunded if you withdraw from, or change any course you are enrolled in, less than two weeks in advance and prior to or on the first day of instruction.
- Save $100 off the cost of the course by enrolling with full payment at least 28 days prior to the start date of the course.
- TESOL, TESL, and TEFL are widely interchangeable terms which essentially mean the same thing. Each of these terms is most commonly used in a different part of the world. At the end of the course, graduates receive a combined TESOL/TESL/TEFL Certificate which is recognized and accepted around the world (and which includes all components of TESOL, TESL, and TEFL teacher training).
- To teach in some countries, candidates must possess a valid EU passport and/or a college degree.
- If you withdraw from a course after completing 50% or less of that course, you will receive a pro-rated refund - minus the $95 non-refundable enrollment deposit - based on your time completed in the course. If the course materials are returned in their original condition within 30 days from the date of withdrawal, you will also receive a refund for the cost of the materials.
- Payment of refunds is to be made within 30 days of determination of student withdrawal. Students who complete more than 50% of the course will not be eligible for a refund. Any request for a refund is required to be made in writing to: Oxford Seminars, 8447 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 401, Beverly Hills, CA 90211 or Oxford Seminars, 244 5th Avenue, Suite J262, New York, NY 10001-7406.
- Course locations and dates are subject to change. Please be advised that courses must obtain a minimum enrollment in order to proceed.
- Any written contract or agreement signed by a prospective student shall not become operative until the student attends the first class or session of instruction.
- Oxford Seminars (school code: 32878408) meets the criteria for registration to provide Short-Term Career (STC) courses pursuant to California Education Code (CEC) Section 94931.
The following applies to California enrollees at our California course locations only:
- Oxford Seminars is a participant in the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF). The STRF was established by the Legislature of the State of California to protect any California resident who attends a private postsecondary institution from losing money if he/she prepaid tuition and suffered a financial loss as a result of the school closing, failing to live up to its enrollment agreement or refusing to pay a court judgement. You must pay the state-imposed fee for the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) if all of the following applies to you:
- You are a student, who is a California resident and prepays all or part of your tuition either by cash, guaranteed student loans or personal loans, and;
- Your total charges are not paid by any third-party payer such as an employer, government program or other payer unless you have a separate agreement to repay the third party.
- You are not eligible for protection from the STRF and you are not required to pay the STRF fee if either of the following applies:
- You are not a California resident;
- Your total charges are paid by a third party, such as an employer, government program, or other payer, and you have no separate agreement to repay the third party.
- For further information about the STRF, please click Student Tuition Recovery Fund.
- Oxford Seminars is registered with the State of California. Registration means Oxford Seminars has met certain minimum standards imposed by the state for registered schools on the basis of a written application to the state. Registration does not mean Oxford Seminars has met all of the more extensive standards required by the state for schools that are approved to operate or licensed or that the state has verified the information submitted with the registration form. Any questions or problems concerning this school that have not been satisfactorily answered or resolved by the school should be directed to the Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE), 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, CA 95834, Tel: (916) 574-7720.